29 billion. That’s the amount it costs homeowners every year to power their air conditioning systems. Can you believe that?
With summer on its way, some areas sooner than others, it will only be a matter of time before we all start cranking on our ac units. Some places can avoid it for awhile but it will soon become unbearable in most places. So how can we lower our cooling costs? Below is a list originally posted by the U.S. energy department.
- Install and set a programmable thermostat.
- Use a fan, the most affordable way to cool.
- Insulate your attic, walls and seal cracks.
- Insulate and seal your air ducts.
- Don’t heat your home with appliances, try grilling.
- Install energy efficient window coverings.
- Buy an Energy Star qualified ac unit.
- Use the bathroom fan when showering and the range-hood when cooking to wick away moisture.
All of these can take time and a little bit of money. So maybe start with the easy stuff and work your way through the list. It will save you money in the long run.
To start, the quickest way to save energy is to regularly clean and replace your cooling unit filters! Which means you need to start here for help!
Do you want to be that guy spending loads of money by turning on your ac unit? Didn’t think so. So heed our advice and if you have any questions give us a call at 1-800-590-0339.
You must be logged in to post a comment.